Hi Y’all! Welcome to my first “new post” for my Website Launch!!!! www.eatdrinkbe.com I’ve been working my tail off trying to do this by myself, but I just couldn’t take it anymore. It’s not finished, and so not perfect…..but, it’ll do. It’s Summertime and I want to share my recipes with you guys. Just be aware that things will be in a state of constant change. Hopefully bettering the site, as I learn, to make it more user-friendly. So, let’s get down to business. Here is a quick recipe for one that y’all have been begging for.
But not just any zucchini. This is absolutely, hands-down, no-doubt-about-it, honestly the most amazing zucchini dish I have ever created. Nay, I may go as far to say: as I have ever eaten.
Yes, it’s THAT GOOD.
This is one that you will make over and over again.
Your new Summer Staple.
Your quick “GO-TO” for that overabundance of summer squash.
Personally, I’m not a squash lover. I can make a mean squash casserole, now don’t get me wrong, but I’ve very particular about my squash to mush ratio!!! It’s a fine squashy line…..
But this, this is a no fail devouring of squash guarantee!!!
I can’t even come up with a catchy name for this dish, because this IS the
BEST ZUCCHINI EVER
I had gotten some Globe Zucchini at the Farmer’s Market, and they were the perfect choice for this dish. They tend to be a little more firm and a tad less watery than other varietals. If you can find or grown them, I highly recommend it. They are also perfect little stuffing portions that look super cute for entertaining!!!
It’s a pretty simple and basic recipe I have for you! Enjoy!!!
THE BEST ZUCCHINI EVER
- 3-5 Globe Zucchini, washed and sliced into halfmoons
- 1 Vidalia Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- Handful of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Asaigo
- 1/3 Cup Finely Grated Parmesan Reggiano
- 2-3 T GrapeSeed Oil
- 5 Sprigs Thyme (1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp Fresh Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
* Toss all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Roughly Mix with your hands until all ingredients have a nice coating of cheese. Preheat a LARGE NONSTICK Skillet or Cast Iron Skillet over Med HIGH. Pour in GrapeSeed Oil to coat. Let Oil get warm. Add Veggies to pan. DO NOT MIX AROUND WITH YOUR SPATULA. I Repeat: DROP THE SPATULA AND WALK AWAY! Seriously, let the veggies sit for 3-5 mins or so until a nice, crispy brown coat has formed. Then, gently flip them over and let the same thing happen to the other side. Serve IMMEDIATELY before you devour the entire pan yourself!!!
The larger the pan the better. You want to be able to spread the veggies in a single layer for Maximum Browning surface area!!!
Also, feel free to try different herbs in place of thyme. Rosemary, Garlic Chives, Parsley, even Cilantro!!!!
I used GrapeSeed Oil because of it’s lightness and high heat tolerance. You can use EVOO or another oil as well.
I hope you enjoy my new Website!!! I’m SUPEREXCITED!!!!
Happy Launch Day!!!!