Have you Ever Heard of
…Me neither! 🤣
But, My Kids LOVE it!!!
My MIL made them Cheeseburger Pie when she came to babysit last month, and now they are BOTH requesting it. That’s right….
I. SAID. BOTH.
So, I just had to share with you a dinner that I can add to the (very short) list I like to call: “Dinners Both Kids Will Eat”. These dinners, as we all know, are few and far between, so when I find one, I feel its my parental duty to share!!!
I made my first one this week, by request, and only have one picture taken right out of the oven, pre-slicing. The kids (and hubby!!!) gobbled it up so fast, I never had a chance to get a good pic of a slice. I’m sure I’ll be making this again next week. I’ll try and snap a pic then and update the post. As for now, I wanted to get the recipe out to y’all asap!!! Enjoy and share with all the parents you know! This ones a life changer! Nana made the original recipe from www.chowhound.com and I have made a few adaptations. Here’s my version below:
- Organic Cooking Spray
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil, Grapeseedor EVOO
- 1 diced Yellow Onion
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lb Organic Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dry Ground Mustard
- 2 Cloves minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons sliced cold, unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Heat Oven 400° F. Make sure the oven rack is in the middle. Coat one 9-inch pie dish with Cooking Spray.
- Warm frying pan over medium heat. Warm 1 tablespoon Oil. Add diced onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 5 mins or so until golden but not brown. Raise Heat to Med-High and add ground beef, salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Stirring occasionally until the meat is browned. Add Worcestershire sauce and stir. Then add garlic and cook 1-2 mins until fragrant, but not burned!!! Take off heat and Drain Off Fat. Spread cooked meat mixture evenly into the pie dish.
- In food processor, pulse together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the cold butter pats and pulse until mixture starts to look like breadcrumbs. Add milk and eggs and pulse until mixture is blended.
- Pour batter over meat mixture in the pie dish.
- Top with shredded cheese of choice (totaling about a cup).
- Bake until set and a gorgeous golden brown. About 25-35 mins or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice and served garnished with fresh chopped parsley or chives.
You can change this basic recipe up tons of ways!!! Simple additions depending on your families tastes and preferences. Heres a list of some simple, delicious ingredients to add:
- Red Pepper
- Roasted Red Pepper
If your kids won’t eat chopped Onion and Garlic, you can always try adding 1 tsp Onion Powder and 1 tsp Garlic Powder.
Or try adding Sliced Scallions or Green Onion.
Experiment with your favorite 🧀Cheese on top. Feta, Mozzarella, Parm, Goat,Blue, Fontina…the list goes on and on!!!
🌶🌶🌶Spice It Up a little with some Hot Sauce, Crushed Red Pepper or Cayenne.
Be Sure to FOLLOW ME:
FB, IG, Twitter & Pinterest for more great ideas!
Eat, Drink & Be Kari