Simple & Delicious
Crostini. One of the Most Versatile Appetizers In Existence!!! There are so many topping options, the possibilities are endless. (Bruschetta, Olive Tapenade, Roasted Red Pepper & Feta, Garlic & Herb, Salmon, Cream Cheese & Capers, Pimento Cheese & Chive, Pear & Brie, Roast Beef, Rosemary & Horseradish, Lox, Red Onion & Dill, Nutella & Berries….Seriously, I could go ON and ON!!!)
Nothing better than a crisp, delicious blank canvas to deliver simple culinary bliss. Ingenious, I say! Now, all you have to do is master the basics of making a scrumptious Crostini, and Appetizer Heaven is within your reach!
To do this, all you need is One Little Thing.
garlic. Garlic. GARLIC.
That’s it. Just one itty bitty clove of garlic. It doesn’t matter if the clove is fresh and raw or if you have been using it beforehand to make a quick Garlic Infused Butter or Olive Oil. Regardless, don’t waste that tiny morsel that is about to take your basic Crostini to a whole other level! Waste Not, Want Not.
1. Cut Baguette (Local and Organic, if possible! Or even better, HOMEMADE!!!) into slices on a diagonal.
2. Drizzle EVOO over BOTH SIDES.
3. Put on Hot Grill, Grill Pan, or Broil in Oven a few minutes.
4. Flip, and let other side get browned.
*Be sure to watch closely during Steps 3 & 4 so you don’t burn the crostini. DO NOT WALK AWAY from the grill, stove, or oven!!!!
5. Place on Platter HOT SIDE UP!!!!
6. Rub Garlic Clove ALL OVER HOT SIDE OF CROSTINI.
*The Garlic Oil will penetrate the Crostini and allow you so smear garlicky deliciousness all over the slice. YUMMMMM………
7. Top however you choose! Crostini Nirvana is YOURS!!!
Hope you Enjoy and Utilize my Simple Secret to KickAss Crostini!
Let the Crostini Madness Begin!!!